This cocktail has many different iterations, so chances are you have had this in one shape or form. No matter what spirits or mixers were used, Summer Beer is a delicious ode to summer. I love this cocktail because of it’s versatility - don’t like tequila, use vodka! The pitcher cocktail is my ultimate summer tip - make a large batch, pour it over ice, and don’t worry about pulling out a jigger. This is a pitcher cocktail summer!
- 1 12 ounce frozen limeade concentrate
- 12 ounces tequila blanco preferably El Jimador
- 2 12 ounce Mexican lager Tecate, Modelo, Dos Equis
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons Tajin
- lime flavored seltzer la croix
- lime wedges for garnish
- jalapeno slices for garnish
- In a large pitcher, add the frozen limeade concentrate. Fill the used limeade container full of tequila and add to the pitcher. Add the two Mexican beers and stir with a wooden spoon until completely mixed. Set aside.
- On a small plate, combine kosher salt and Tajin. Using a lime wedge, moisten the lip of the glass and dip in the salty Tajin mixture. Fill with ice and pour in the cocktail. Garnish with a lime wedge and a jalapeno slice. Enjoy!