Summer Salads: Tortellini with Basil and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
My mom made this side dish frequently when growing up. While I tired of it quickly as a kid, as an adult I realized my mom had it going on! This is quite possibly the simplest of the Summer Salads. Dare I say, perfect for the extremely last minute get together! Eat this hot or cold, add in any mix-ins that your heart desires (CC: I am an extreme cheese lover) for the perfect summer soiree side dish.Enjoy!Claire
- 1 package cheese tortellini
- 3/4 jar Sun-dried tomatoes julienned and in oil
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- fresh basil
- 1/2 lemon optional
- parmesan cheese optional
- Cook tortellini according to package directions, drain and place into a mixing bowl.
- Using a fork to hold the sun-dried tomatoes to pour the oil on top of the cooked and still warm tortellini. Toss to combine.
- Add in sun-dried tomatoes, kosher salt, black pepper to taste and toss.
- Garnish with fresh basil and optionally add fresh lemon juice and grated parmesan to taste.
- To store, place in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.