No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
I should technically have this recipe burned into my memory from the amount of times I made this as a kid with my gang of friends every summer. It is simple, delicious, and a perfect recipe that we as kids could make unsupervised! This is a no-frills, don’t-you-dare turn on the oven in the summer recipe! Eat it hot or cold - chilled is the recommended temperature for them actually to set (I have to put that disclaimer out there!). But I won’t judge if you spoon this heavenly mixture over some vanilla ice cream, kick back, and call it a day.Dedicated to my summer gang (Claire R., Joey, and Julia)!- Claire
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 1 stick
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- flaky salt optional for garnish
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and milk. Bring to a boil, occasionally stirring. Boil for about 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Stir in the vanilla, kosher salt, and peanut butter. Mix until the peanut butter is melted. Stir in the oats.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a wax paper lined baking sheet, sprinkle the tops with flaky salt. Allow cookies to cool for at least an hour, or until set thoroughly. Store in an airtight container on the counter.