Boozy Hot Cocoa
When the holiday season rolls around there is nothing I want to do more than to kick back and have a warm beverage - it’s the most wonderful time of the year! We recently started using this mix in class and it has been a hit! Super rich and chocolatey, this is a perfect gift for yourself or a loved one! I recommend using Kahlua as my spirit of choice as it does not compete with the rich, chocolatey flavor of the hot chocolate!
- 12 ounces whole milk or milk substitute
- 4 tablespoons Spicewalla Classic Hot Chocolate Mix
- 3 ounces Kahlua or Baileys optional
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract we recommend Vain Vanilla Baker's Blend
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat add in milk and hot chocolate mix. Whisk until combined and steaming. Pour into mugs, add in Kahlua, and top with whipped cream.
- To make whipped cream: Add all ingredients to a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on medium-high speed until soft peaks are formed. If mixture is coming out of mixer, add a piece of plastic wrap around the top and bowl of mixer. Taste, adjust, and add more powdered sugar as necessary.
From Our Shop