Summer Salads: Watermelon & Feta
In the heat of the summer, we are all looking for a little relief. Whether that is a cool breeze, a few days off of work, or something to cool us down. Well, this recipe give you relief from hot ovens and cooking to much when all you really want to do is sit down. The fresh ingredients play really well together, and come together to make an overall really flexible dish. Add different cheeses, maybe a little fish sauce to the dressing and crispy shallots to the top - play around and enjoy the flexibility and relief of the summer months.
- 1 pound seedless watermelon medium dice
- 4-5 ounces feta cheese in a small dice
- small bunch mint roughly chopped
- small bunch basil roughly chopped
Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
- To make the dressing, add all ingredients into a large jar. Close the lid and shake well. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in chopped watermelon and feta. Sprinkle herbs on top and add dressing. Carefully toss as to not break up the chunks of watermelon or feta.
- To plate, on a large platter or decorative bowl add in salad and serve.