When we finally hit the dog days of summer, there is nothing more that I want to do than sit around with friends and enjoy a cocktail. It’s humid and hot, am I expected to do anything else?? Pitcher drinks take a lot of the fuss out of entertaining, which allow guests to just come over and relax. This cocktail is all to taste, so don’t worry too much about quantities.Note: you can have fun with the simple syrup - add lime slices or mint to infuse.- Claire
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 1 ounce mint leaves
- 16 ounces white rum
- 8 ounces lime juice freshly squeezed
- 2 cups club soda
- lime wheels for garnish
- mint sprigs for garnish
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add in water and sugar. Using a wooden spoon or a whisk, stir together. Mix occasionally until sugar has dissolved.
- To store, place in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 10 days.
- In a large pitcher, add in simple syrup and mint leaves. Using a wooden spoon or a muddler, crush ingredients together until the mint is very bruised. Add in rum and lime juice, using a wooden spoon mix to combine.
- Add in ice and stir. Top with soda water. Taste and adjust with lime juice, rum, or simple syrup.
- To serve, pour mojito into individual glasses and garnish with lime wheel and mint sprigs.